January can be such a gloomy time of year, so I decided to raid my kitchen cupboards and make some cakes using leftover ingredients from Christmas. I used a basic fairy cake recipe and the result was lovely cheery cupcakes!
I used mixed peel and glacé cherries as extras (these ingredients were left over from my Xmas Florentines) but you could use anything really - sultanas, flaked almonds, poppy seeds, dried fruit, choc chips etc...
200g self raising flour (or in my case 200g plain flour and 2 tbsp baking powder!)
200g caster sugar
4 eggs - beaten
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and smooth
2. Stir in the eggs and 2 cap-fuls of the vanilla extract
3. Stir in the flour until mixed in well
4. Add the mixed peel
5. Pour into individual cases or a greased muffin tray and place into pre-heated oven and bake until golden brown at 180 degrees.
6. Decorate with icing and a glacé cherry on top!
I really enjoyed making these (and my husband enjoyed eating them even more!) as they were super easy and quick to do. Just right for a busy mum with an impatient 8 month old!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Fitness For Busy Corporates - Corporate fitness Training Companies of all shapes and sizes are striving to make physical fitness part of their employees' lives. Aside from the proven he...
4 years ago