1) I get to see my baby smile and giggle in her sleep, while she holds my hand. I appriciate every moment like this and wonder why so many parents insist on missing out on this by having their baby sleep in a different room.
2) I know exactly where she is and what she's doing, I know she's safe. I know if she's too hot or too cold before she even does and wakes up.
3) If she gets hungry or thirsty or needs some comfort, she hardly has to stir in order to help herself to some breastmilk. And I hardly need to stir either!
4) We hardly ever have any night wakings or crying. If she does wake up and doesn't instantly go back to sleep with some nursing, then she will sit between my husband and I and quietly play. Normally within the hour she's ready for sleep again.
5) There's nothing quite like seeing that gummy grin in the morning. That's what I get to wake up to every morning and I wouldn't have it any other way!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone